Build your capability to deliver quality GP care through video or phone.
GP TELEMEDICINE TRAINING PROVIDES A DETAILED, COMPREHENSIVE, INTERACTIVE TWO-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM, DELIVERED BY EXPERIENCED AND TRAINED TELEMEDICINE PRACTITIONERS. THE PROGRAM IS CLINICALLY ORIENTATED AND IS AN APPROVED RACGP ACCREDITED ACTIVITY WITH 40 CPD POINTS.
Two recent telehealth webinars alone generated 500+ questions regarding telemedicine and effective online consultations by health practitioners. We heard real concerns from GPs about whether GPs are adequately prepared for the world of telemedicine during and post-COVID19:
• “Is there a do’s and don’ts list for telehealth?”
• “How do I do a really great telehealth consult?”
• “Are there special techniques to assess physical attributes remotely?”
• “I have found remote consulting far more exhausting than face to face – any thoughts on managing that?”
• “My biggest issue is prescriptions, pathology and radiology forms. How to prescribe? How to send to patients?”
• “How to set up the consult to be a good experience for the patient?”
• “What technology platform is safe and easy to use for the clinician and patient?”
• “How should the clinical workflow be designed? When should someone be required to come into the practice and have a physical consult?”
This program is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to deliver GP telemedicine in a safe and expert way.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
• Select the most appropriate technology for conducting telemedicine consultations
• Design and implement a workflow and logistics to establish telemedicine at the practice level, including how to prescribe and refer patients for tests and specialist consultations
• Conduct a quality, safe and effective telemedicine consultation, including communication and messaging to the patient, performing a physical examination remotely, taking a history, using images, and managing emergencies
• Know when a patient's condition can be managed safely via telemedicine and when they should be referred for face to face physical examination, using telemedicine clinical guidelines
• Identify regulatory and medico-legal aspects of telemedicine, including privacy, consent, and billing
The GP Telemedicine Training Course is an
accredited activity with the RACGP.
Earn 40 CPD points.
The GP Telemedicine Training course is skills focused, interactive and designed to give training that enables you to improve your telemedicine skills.
The course is designed and facilitated by GPs with collectively over 50 years of experience delivering telemedicine consultations. These are supplemented by healthcare experts in specific fields.
Our two day interactive online program has been accredited by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners for 40 CPD points.
Dr Amandeep Hansra
Dr Joanna Sharp
Dr Benson Riddle
Dr Nelson Lau
Experts in telemedicine and digital health guiding your future primary care service model
Join our mailing list
Be the first to hear about upcoming courses and telemedicine news.
Copyright 2020 © The Telemedhub Pty Ltd
Powered by Wave Digital